Tuesday 24 May 2011

Trafford Center Manchester. Travel Research.

LIGHTING


My favorite thing about the Trafford Center was that it was extremely cosy and had a lovely atmosphere despite the hussle and bussle of Christmas time shopping. I personally think this is a very rare feeling for Christmas time, and I cherished feeling this relaxed in a shopping environment during Christmas time. 

In my opinion, the use of dull lighting in the Trafford Center was one element of the visual merchandising which made it cosy. For example in this photograph above, the use of vintage light bulbs creates a feeling of timeliness and heritage which is a nice and warm feeling to have, especially at Christmas time. Even in Zara (womanswear), where the lighting is normally bright and uncomfortable, the lighting created a warm atmosphere. 

ARCHITECTURE


As I had never visited the Trafford Center before I was intrigued to see what the architecture of the shopping mall was. It was art deco with gold patterns as you can see above. Inside there were palm-trees with Christmas lights decorated around it. I thought this was a nice twist to the traditional Christmas tree and lights we always see which is, let's be honest, starting to get a little boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment